‘This is Ron,’ Harry told Hagrid, who was pouring boiling water into a large teapot and putting rock cakes onto a plate.
‘Another Weasley, eh?’ said Hagid, glancing at Ron’s freckles. ‘I spent half me life chasin’ yer twin brothers away from the Forest.’
The rock cakes almost broke their teeth, but Harry and Ron pretended to be enjoying them as they told Hagrid all about their first lessons.
– Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone By J.K. Rowling
What you need:
225 g Be-Ro Self Raising Flour
100 g margarine
75 g mixed dried fruit
25 g mixed peel
50 g caster sugar
1 medium egg
milk to mix
(1) Heat oven to 180 ºC (fan assisted) and grease two baking trays.
(2) Mix the flour and salt, rub in the margarine.
(3) Stir in the dried fruit, mixed peel and sugar.
(4) Mix to a stiff dough with egg and milk.
(5) Place in rough heaps on the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.