My boyfriend is offshore just now, so I am fending for myself. I am not very good at feeding myself when I am home alone and I tend to opt for easy, stodgy food. I find it difficult to cook for just myself as I don’t want to waste food.
Not wanting to fall into my usual pattern of filled pasta, there is only so much pasta a girl can take, I decided to google “meal for one”. The BBC Good Food site was the first hit, so I adapted their recipe to fit with what was in my fridge and freezer.
You will need:
3 rasher streaky bacon, chopped
3 spring onions, finely sliced
70 g frozen peas
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp flour
250 ml vegetable stock
1 nest of egg noodles, cooked
Splash Worcestershire sauce
Splash of soy sauce
Salt and pepper
(1) In a medium pan fry the bacon in a little oil for a few mins,
(2) Add the chopped spring onions, peas and paprika, then cook for a minute.
(3) Add the flour, stock, the cooked noodles and a good splash of Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce to the pan.
(4) Simmer and stir for a couple of mins until thick and saucy. Season with salt and pepper.
(5) Serve in a bowl and tuck in.