As time hasn’t been plentiful it has been a week of quick and easy meals, last night we served up burgers. Though confess we bought good quality pre-made burgers to save even more time. 20 minutes and it was ready to eat.
You will need:
2 burger buns
4 rashers of bacon
2 gherkins, sliced
1 sliced plum tomato
1/2 small red onion
(1) Slice your gherkins, tomato, red onion, cheese and wash your lettuce leafs, set aside on a flat plate until you are ready to build your burger.
(2) Add a little olive oil to your girdle pan/frying pan and put on to a medium heat until hot.
(3) Add the bacon, lay out the strips so they don’t overlap, as this will leave parts of the bacon uncooked, and we don’t want that, and cook until the fat has become golden and crisp.
(4) Place the bacon on a small plate with a piece of kitchen towel on it so that the fat is absorbed before use.
(5) Fry your burger in the same girdle pan/frying pan, remember to flip them from time to time. Cook until the meat is done to your preference, towards the end of the cooking process add a slice of cheese to the top of the burger to allow to melt.
(6) Whilst your burger is cooking, cut open your avocado, remove the seed and place avocado in a medium bowl and mash the flesh with a fork.
(7) Cut open your burger buns, add mustard and ketchup to the bottom slice, layer your lettuce, red onion, tomato and gherkin slices on top.
(8) Next on is your your burger with cheese and bacon and with spread your avocado mash to the top slice of your bun.
(8) Burger construction is complete. Enjoy.