I wanted a health hit for dinner this evening and decided to create a fusion of my two favourite easy-to-make salads (Parma ham, melon and mozzarella & a classic tomato, avocado and salad leaves salad). I think next time I might even toast up some pine nuts to add some crunch.
What you need:
4 slices of quality Parma ham
A handful of basil leaves
1 avacado, skinned, de-seeded and chopped into small chunks
A handful of rocket leaves
A handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 a cantaloupe melon, skinned, de-seeded and chopped into small chunks
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 a lime
(1) Scatter the melon chunks, tomato quarters and avocado around your plate.
(2) Add the a handful of rocket leaves.
(3) Tear up the Parma ham, basil leaves and mozzarella and distribute though out.
(4) Season with salt and pepper.
(5) Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
(6) Grab some forks and get tucked in.