It has been a swelteringly hot summer here in Stavanger. My Norwegian apartment is not designed for warm weather so it currently feels like I have lived in a greenhouse for the past few weeks as I don’t have air conditioning and there isn’t a fresh breeze to cool the rooms down. I can relate to the Wicked Witch in The Wizard of Oz, I am melting!
On a mission to cool down I decided to make some sorbet, lime sorbet to be exact. Excellent to refresh you and even better with a tequila shot to help “man up” in this heat.
This sorbet can be a fun way to end your dinner party and leave your dinner guests with a cool, refreshing buzz.
What you need:
300 ml water
80 g sugar
1 lime to zest
130 ml freshly squeezed lime juice (approximately 3 limes)
50 ml champagne
Tequila and salt (optional)
(1) Add half the water (150 ml) into a saucepan with the sugar.
(2) Zest the lime into the saucepan mixture and heat until the sugar has dissolved completely.
(3) Remove from the heat and add the remaining water.
(4) Chill in the fridge until cool.
(5) Once the mixture has cooled down mix in your champagne and lime juice.
(6) Freeze in your ice cream maker accordingly.
(7) Serve up. Either by itself or with a salt, a shot of tequila and a scoop of lime sorbet to finish.